Tuesday, January 15, 2013

#15 3rd time is not quite a charm

I ditched Angie for my pre-treatment blood draw and check up with the doctor on the 7th.  My blood levels, hadn't bounced back quite as fast on my own so we made a plan to do what every other world class athlete does to stay on top,,,, blood dope.  I am back on the Nuelasta train, however, I was able to swing it as a prescription so Angie could give it to me at home rather than making a trip back to MDA 24 hours later.   I also made a few other executive decisions (after getting written pre-approval and public notary from Angie) and that was to move to a two week cycle rather than three.
It seemed like after the first couple of rounds, I was in a holding pattern for a couple of weeks and wasting a ton of time.  There was a serious sense of urgency to take care of business but couldn't do much but wait.  I would compare it to the sense of urgency that might come after downing 44oz of diet coke and being trapped in the back of a school bus.  Anyhow,,,, I was informed that I was possibly the first patient (for my doc) to ask for an increase in  frequency but that there was no reason not to go ahead and bump it up.  We all agreed, and I left the hospital excited to be cutting 2 months off the back end of chemo.

The treatment on the 10th went smoothly,  no port issues, no temp swings, and a decent chicken salad sandwich to boot.  We ended up in a bigger room and all was well in chemoland.  I returned home and promptly went downhill.  I was pretty sick into Saturday afternoon.  I didn't lose my lunch, but maybe it would have been better if I had.  I was tired of not really feeling alive so  I decided to take Trent's advice and get some exercise.  I walked out the front door and walked about a block before I decided to try to run a little.  I ended up running a mile and a half,  walking a half, and running a mile back to the house (I credit blood doping)  It seemed to work,  I have been good since Saturday after the run.    I followed up with another slow, tedious, and painful 3 miles on Monday.

Pet Scan to determine effectiveness of treatments next Wednesday.
If we see progress, treatment on Thursday.

So that's it,,

Time for an unrelated experiment:
Hypothesis:  Upon viewing the video below,  my wife will request that I remove said video from this blog.
 I would like to determine if the request will be based on one or more of the following claims.
  • Extensive video was taken of her backside
  • "That was my first time on that song"  (this alone merits additional studies)
  • The house was a mess 
I can't tell for sure what is going on but it would appear that two individuals are trying to take flight while Gracie is throwing hay makers.

Three of my favorites having a good time!








No comments:

Post a Comment