Thursday, November 29, 2012

#7 The Plan To Make a Plan

We made a visit to MD Anderson again today for more blood work and to meet with Dr. Fowler.  Dr. Fowler explained that my mass biopsy was showing some atypical results for Hodgkins and for B-Cell lymphoma but ultimately diagnosed it as Large B Cell Lymphoma. (as we suspected)

It is nice to finally nail things down.  RCHOP therapy will likely start tomorrow, or Saturday, or Monday or another day in the near future.  It will be an outpatient therapy that occurs every two weeks.  As we were trying to come up with a date, we discussed the side effects of chemotherapy.  Among a number of other issues, we discussed cumulative fatigue. Fatigue will kick in and will become more difficult with each consecutive treatment. I wast told to expect to bounce back pretty quick after my first treatment.  I don't know how I will play this with Angie.  My original plan was to be fatigued for two weeks after the first treatment.  I still think I will go for it and see if she catches on.  What do I have to lose?  After all,  this is the level of moral support I am getting these days (see below)  :)  Actually this is proof of cumulative fatigue for her extremely high level of love and support over the last 60 days.  

At the ready in Dr. Fowler's Procedure room. 11/29
Anyhow,  I would like to get a Thursday or Friday schedule so I can recover over the weekend and get back to business the following week.



********* Other Tidbits
  • Bone marrow biopsy is clear
  • The biggest thing going on the internet the last few days is here: http://www.facebook.com/ellie.merrell.37?ref=ts&fref=ts
    • I have learned quite a bit about Ellie from her Facebook account in the few days that it has been up.  She apparently resides in Dallas Texas and has turned vegan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment