Monday, December 2, 2013

#25 - One Year

It is just about as official as it can get.  It has been a full year since my first trip to the chemo store downtown.  At the time, I was pretty anxious about the end result and can remember telling Angie that my long-term goal was to see Hudson turn 8.  Looking back, it seems overly dramatic but at the time, it seemed so far away.

Physically I am doing pretty good.  I have had two follow up PET scans to "re-stage" and both have turned up with no significant activity.  The mass size has been reduced by about half of what it was but it is still hanging out.  I am told that it is likely just scar tissue.  The upside is that it's mine to keep!

I have been in a pretty good mental spot as well.  Everything seems to feel normal but I can't help but to reflect, or somehow be reminded of what a rough patch we were in a year ago.  I continue to have odd dreams every once in a while.  The most recent one was last Wednesday night.  I was dreaming that I was scheduled for a PET scan and when I arrived at the hospital, I found that it was overflowing with people. The hospital had decided to line up  hundreds of recliners outside  between two buildings for PET prep.  I somehow got lost and ended up finding where everything was after everyone had left.  I sat and waited for my turn but it never came. It was a setback as I was suspicious that I had relapsed but couldn't confirm one way or the other.

The next re-stage is the first week in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment